A witchy house cleaning routine involves both physical cleanings as well as energetic cleansing, making it a great way to not only tidy up your space but also clear out any negative energy that may be lingering.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to a beginning-of-the-month witchy house cleaning routine:
- Declutter: Start by getting rid of any physical clutter that’s been accumulating in your home. This could be anything from old clothes to knick-knacks you no longer need. But decluttering doesn’t just mean getting rid of physical items. It can also mean letting go of negative energy or emotions that have been weighing you down. Take a few moments to reflect on what you need to release and set the intention to do so.
- Sweep: Once you’ve decluttered, it’s time to start physically cleaning your home. Begin by sweeping the floors of your home, starting from the back and working your way to the front. As you sweep, visualize yourself sweeping out any negative energy and making room for positive energy to flow in. You can even say a mantra or prayer as you sweep to help set the intention for your cleaning.
- Smudge: After you’ve finished sweeping, light some sage or palo santo and smudge your home. Smudging is a practice that has been used for centuries to clear out negative energy and promote positivity. As you smudge, pay special attention to corners, windows, and doorways, as these are areas where energy tends to get stuck.
- Set intentions: Once your home is cleansed, take a moment to set intentions for the month ahead. This can be anything from personal goals to things you want to manifest in your life. Write them down on a piece of paper and place them somewhere where you’ll see them often, like on your fridge or bathroom mirror. This can help remind you of what you’re working toward and keep you motivated throughout the month.
- Cleanse: After you’ve set your intentions, it’s time to cleanse your energy. You can do this by taking a ritual bath or shower, using Epsom salt, essential oils, or herbs like lavender or rosemary to help cleanse your energy. As you bathe or shower, visualize any negative energy or emotions being washed away, leaving you feeling refreshed and renewed.
- Charge: Finally, charge your home with positive energy by placing crystals or other sacred objects around your space. You can also open your windows to let in fresh air and sunlight. This can help promote positivity and create a welcoming atmosphere in your home.
Remember, this routine is just a starting point. Feel free to customize it to fit your own needs and preferences. You can add additional steps like lighting candles, playing music, or practicing yoga to create a more personalized experience.
The key is to find what works for you and make it a regular part of your routine.