Each month the moon takes time to reset, renew, radiate, and retreat, and so should we. The more attuned we are to each moon phase and how they align within us, the better we can harness moon magic. You can even use moon phases to achieve your goals. Here is my guide to Moon Phase meanings, and Rituals you can use.
Each Month it takes 29.5 days for the moon to complete its lunar cycle.
You have probably heard of the energetics of a full or new moon before, but there are unique energies within each moon phase and meanings to go with each one.
Moon Phase Meanings
MOON RITUAL INTENTIONS FOR EACH PHASE:
- New Moon – Reset and Set Intentions
- make a vision board
- write a list of your dream and goals
- Waxing Crescent – Nurture Yourself and Your New Ideas
- get a massage or a facial
- do some restorative yoga
- First Quarter – Create Action
- Make a plan to achieve one of your goals
- Do some Hatha or Hot yoga
- take a walk in nature
- Waxing Gibbous – Root Into Your Plans and Refine Where Needed
- Take a look at your plan and goals list and pick one. Is there a way you can add a daily habit to help achieve it?
- Full Moon – Illuminate and Manifest
- Make some moon water
- Do an oracle or tarot reading
- Waning Gibbous – Express Gratitude and Reap the Benefits of Your Work
- Write out a gratitude list
- Call or text someone you love to say hi and catch up
- Treat yourself to something special
- Last Quarter – Release Energy and Let Go of Stagnancy
- Do a candle-gazing meditation
- Take a long hot bath with some essential oils
- Waning Crescent – Celebration Completion and Cultivate Rest
- Make a happy, upbeat playlist and play it every morning while you are getting ready
- Practice Yoga Nidra